NH BASS Federation Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NH BASS Federation Nation

Fishing

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOT TOPIC. Bass Fizzing as Endorsed by BASS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dandu4

dandu4

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-07-08

HOT TOPIC. Bass Fizzing as Endorsed by BASS  Empty
PostSubject: HOT TOPIC. Bass Fizzing as Endorsed by BASS    HOT TOPIC. Bass Fizzing as Endorsed by BASS  EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 5:25 pm

This is a site with another of the better videos showing the procedure.
http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-videos/how-to-fizz-a-bass.html

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Treating Barotrauma in Largemouth Bass (Fizzing)

I encourage you all to look at the link. It is also now on the Bassmaster.com Conservation page as a link. The question was posed to me by staff here as to whether B.A.S.S. should "endorse" side fizzing as a preferred method. At first I was reluctant. But, after a lengthy discussion with B.A.S.S. tournament and federation staff here, Dr. Michael Allen at Univ of Fl, and especially Gene Gilliland who participated in the Texas study and has had extensive experience working our pro tournaments, I've decided that B.A.S.S. will endorse fizzing through the side as the preferred method, and especially when fizzing smallmouth and spotted bass. Gene explained that there is enough anatomical differences in these fish as to make side fizzing the only true option. He is going to send me a link to another YTube video that he says is equally as good.

This endorsement is also consistent with Keeping Bass Alive, which shows only the side method. Gene Gilliland will have an article in the April issue of B.A.S.S. Times recommending side fizzing as the preferred method. I'll follow that with a blog on the Bassmaster.com conservation page.

Please let me know of any concerns now.

Noreen
Noreen K. Clough
Conservation Director

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fellow CDs,

Our Texas Parks and Wildlife undertook one of the most thorough 2 year studies on treating barotrauma in Largemouth Bass (Fizzing) that hasever been done. They produced this video to highlight the results. The TBFN and myself were a partner in the study. I think that you will appreciate this info. Please feel free to share and embed on your state websites if you feel it will benefit your members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEeQrsHcwf8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Noreen, please feel free to also have this embed on Bassmaster.com if you like.

Tim Cook

State Conservation Director

Texas BASS Federation Nation

Back to top Go down

HOT TOPIC. Bass Fizzing as Endorsed by BASS
Page 1 of 1