NH BASS Federation Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NH BASS Federation Nation

Fishing

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My question about Braided lines.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
slinging southpaw

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-02-03

My question about Braided lines. Empty
PostSubject: My question about Braided lines.   My question about Braided lines. EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Why is it that in all the articles I've read about braided lines, in none of them do they say that they cut like paper on rocks?
I've tried 4 different braids, all of them you could tow your boat with, all of them are great around grass and are hard to cut with clippers or scissors, but get them near a rock or within 20 feet of a pike or pickerel and they part like the Red Sea.
I've certainly wasted enough money finding out the hard way Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
JDoughty

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: My question about Braided lines.   My question about Braided lines. EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 8:48 pm

As someone who is going to try braid for the first time, I'm curious what brands have you tried?And what are you fishing with mostly that causes it to cut up? Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
slinging southpaw

PostSubject: Re: My question about Braided lines.   My question about Braided lines. EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 10:12 pm

Stren Super Braid, Spiderwire Stealth, Power Pro and Lynch Line.
Spiderwire Stealth and Power Pro were the worst.
Lynch Line was the best, but isn't made anymore. I still use Stren when fishing spinnerbaits or in heavy weeds.
Besides cutting, the thing that I hated about "Stealth" is that when I tried to use it with spinnerbaits, I'd load up to make a long cast with a heavy spinnerbait and the line buries in itself. It would backlash on itself. It's hard to explain, but you just can't cast anything long distance with anything heavy.
I tried fishing Powerpro on a Carolina Rig and Jig and Pig. It casted well, but I lost jig after jig on this stuff.
I haven't had as much problems with Stren, but by the time I tried it, I had already learned what to stay away from.
Make sure you fill about half the spool with mono before filling with braid. If you dont you'll really have problems.
Back to top Go down
JDoughty

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: My question about Braided lines.   My question about Braided lines. EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 9:26 pm

Thanks for the info. I've heard good things about stren super braid and also sufix. Still up in the air! Thanks again
Back to top Go down
lemonfishin

lemonfishin

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Braids work great   My question about Braided lines. EmptyTue Mar 13, 2007 11:37 am

Braids are good like in grass or logs. I havent had trouble around any rocks with mine. I use Power Pro Braided Line, 40 lb break strength in a 10 diameter. It works well for me. I have caught pickerel on it and everything so maybe your using to light of line.
Back to top Go down
http://lemoinebassfishing.cola-club.com
slinging southpaw

PostSubject: Re: My question about Braided lines.   My question about Braided lines. EmptyTue Mar 13, 2007 1:08 pm

lemonfishin wrote:
Braids are good like in grass or logs. I havent had trouble around any rocks with mine. I use Power Pro Braided Line, 40 lb break strength in a 10 diameter. It works well for me. I have caught pickerel on it and everything so maybe your using to light of line.

I used 40# Power Pro. The stuff simply evaporated around rocks.
I fished with a guy who scoffed at me because he used Power Pro 40# and had never had any problems. I then watched him lose at least 5 Carolina Rigs on the stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My question about Braided lines.   My question about Braided lines. Empty

Back to top Go down

My question about Braided lines.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NH BASS Federation Nation :: Federation Nation News :: Dock Talk-
Jump to: